FAQ - Physicians
Why should my patient get eXpert radiology–on-demand® service?
- Patient has a digital copy of the imaging study but radiological report is not available.
- Patient performed an imaging study outside of United States.
- Patient is very anxious and is requesting a second opinion.
- Discrepancy between clinical and radiological findings.
- You believe the report is not accurate.
- Report is poorly worded or contains typographical errors.
- Report is not detailed enough.
- You prefer that the case be interpreted by a subspecialist.
- Report is written in a confusing language or body and impression contradict.
- Report does not answer or address a clinical question.
- Report does not make a comparison to prior examinations.
- To get a different perspective from a different radiologist
- To get a general quality check and to make sure that your patient is getting the most accurate diagnostic evaluation.
Why get a remote eXpert radiology–on-demand® service?
Depending on where your office is located, your accessibility to a highly specialized radiologist may be limited. We bring radiology experts quickly and directly to you and your patient without requiring you to spend valuable time or money looking for one.
How can I send you the study?
The easiest and fastest way is to use our secure upload service. You can also upload the original report as well as any previous imaging reports. You can upload the images from any digital source including CD, DVD, flash drive, computer hard drive or cloud storage.
How long will upload take?
If you have a fast internet (highly recommended) our patent pending EXpert radiology–on-demand® technology will upload your study in a matter of seconds or minutes.
What if I am not able to upload through your service?
Alternate methods for getting your images to us are:
- You can send us a CD, DVD, flash drive or hard copies(plastic films)*.
- You can upload Jpeg files for some studies which have only limited amount of images (for example X-rays).
- You can email your patient’s images to
- You can request that an imaging facility either upload images to our secure upload service or send us a CD/DVD or hard copies(plastic films)*
*extra fee applies for processing hard copies.
My patient wants to obtain an EXpert radiology–on-demand®. How can I assist?
We require your patient to sign off on our terms and conditions and they must provide their physician's name and contact information so that we can make sure that you receive a copy of the EXpert radiology–on-demand® report. We can also directly communicate with you. You can also assist by securely uploading any pertinent clinical information such as prior reports and clinical notes.
How much do your services cost?
We provide you with our eXpert radiology opinion ™ for as low as $29 per report. A report will be returned to you within 2-4 hour,s on average ( up to 48 hours in case of complex cases ) , after we successfully receive your images. There is no extra fee of expedited reports! This is a self-pay service and these services are currently not covered by the insurance.
Can I track the status of my patient's report?
Absolutely. You can track the progress via your personal web-based account until a report is received.
What if there is problem uploading the images?
Your or your patient’s credit card is only charged when a radiologist is ready to issue a report. If the images are not uploaded automatically for any reason, at this point we will offer free technical assistance. If the disk is damaged or corrupted or images could not be uploaded for ANY reason, your credit card will not be charged. At this point, you will have an option to request another copy of your disk or ask your facility to upload the images directly or send us the CD or films.
Who are the radiologists reading our studies?
We represent a group of ABR certified radiologists trained at top US institutions. The majority of our radiologists are fellowship trained and many have additional CAQ certifications. We offer expertise in multiple subspecialties including neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, emergency radiology, pediatrics, PET/CT & oncologic imaging and cardiac CT angiography. We carry the necessary state licenses and medical malpractice insurance. We will undergo any necessary credentialing process at your hospital.
Do you have technical support?
Our technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Customer service representatives will answer your questions or connect you directly with the radiologist handling your patient's case.
How are you able to beat competitor's prices?
We run an extremely efficient operation without non-medical interests or middlemen. We pass on savings to you.
How secure is your system?
Our technology is Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant. Our processes and technical infrastructure guarantee secured and confidential data management.
I have questions about the results. Can I speak with a radiologist?
Absolutely. XMRI.com offers communication levels unparalleled in the industry. Our radiologists will respond to your inquiry typically within the same day. Please note that our radiologists do not form a doctor-patient relationship. It is recommended that you discuss all results/findings with your patient.